Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Week at Work


             As a child, I was never the crafty, artsy type. I liked to doodle a bit, but I never liked making something with my own hands. I remember when I had to do a project, when I was in 2nd grade I believe, for my HELE class, or the Home Economics and Livelihood Education (had to google that one). We had to make our own stuffed bear. OUR OWN SELF-MADE TEDDY BEAR! Seriously? You expect 7 year olds to create a stuffed toy from scratch? First of all, children that age shouldn’t be allowed to handle needles. Second, that project was just disgustingly hard! I couldn’t get the ears and the eyes to even out on each side. The hands and the legs were all angled weirdly.  Basically, the bear looked retarded. At the end, my mom had to take it to the tailor to fix it so all my hard work went down the drain. But on the plus side, I did get a high mark.

                Anyway, 15 years later, here I am working for a handmade crafts store… and I still don’t know how to sew :P Although my main job is to handle the shipping, I do a few crafts here and there. But I only handle the projects that only require the use of scissors and a hot glue gun. While I can't say I personally like the products we're selling (they're vintage victorian accessories), I have to say I enjoy creating things from scratch now. 

Here are some of the things I worked on this week. :)


A fancy switch cover for your fancy bedroom. 
One on the left is a soap wrapped in lace, ribbon and all that nice stuff.
Right one is a heart-shaped perfume bottle <3

Victorian gloves in ecru. The lace feels so uncomfortable!
 A bridal guest book with matching pen. 

     Btw, here's the link to our online store in case you like these kind of items. They can be really expensive though. 


1 comment:

  1. so you had your bear fixed pala. sayang di ko nakuhaan ng photo yung akin before I say goodbye. and napakabusisi naman nyan. hehe

    ReplyDelete